We recently received a ton of new products that we are very excited to share with you all! Come on in to Designer Flower Center Monday thru Friday from 9am – 5pm and Saturdays from 10am – 2pm to check it all out!
We love our spiral boxwood topiaries! They stand at 4 1/2 and 6′ and prices ranging from $140-$255. They look great adorning an entry way or even your mantle, and the best part…They never need to be watered! They can be dressed up for any time of the year by simply adding ribbon!
We are adding to our displays a brand new product line that has just arrived! A few of the must see items are our preserved table top boxwood topiaries, preserved artichokes and these beautiful spheres. These items will dress up any room of your house and the decorating ideas with these items are endless.
Seashore or coastal living is still a hot trend as it has been for many years. We are so excited to have received new products for this always trendy look. Some of our new products we have received are colored sticks in textured fabrics to update and inspire your decorating ideas! These fabric wired sticks coordinate with decorative fabric spheres to continue this fabulous look. Wow, how unique and breathtaking are our metal flower blossom stakes? They would look fantastic in your yard this spring, wouldn’t they? The Lilly blossom stake is 49″ and the metal poppy is 33″ and they range from $75-$26.50. And for an extra flare we also have the gorgeous flower windmill and that is 63″ and is $56.90
Looking for a fun and unique way to divide a room? Check out this lovely and creative room divider on display here at Designer Flower Center! You can fill each basket with any flower you want and the best part, you can switch the flowers out if you like so it coordinates with the seasons! You can also fill them with succulents, rattan balls, just about anything you can think of!
Here is a 25% off coupon, just in time for all these new items we have just received!
Think outside of the Big Box Store! Come shop with your family and friends, support local small business, and avoid the high stress, high anxiety hustle and bustle of those big retail stores. Shop leisurely with convenient parking, knowledgeable and friendly staff, and a hot cup of coffee. Have a happy After Christmas shopping experience, while saving on unique and high quality product that you will enjoy for years to come!
All Christmas Trees 40% off! Garlands and wreaths are now 50% off! Our trees, garlands, and wreaths are known for their top quality, realistic, lush pine look that is hard to fine elsewhere! DFC has been selling pine for over 25 years we know what you’re looking for in great quality holiday decor. It’s a great time to save for next year and years to come!
These gorgeous Nativity Scenes and Plush Santas are majestic and really capture the essence of Christmas. They are uniquely special and can be cherished by loved ones who come to your home to celebrate the holidays! Hurry in now for 40% off…quantities are limited!
This hand crafted ribbon mesh wreath is ever so popular! Come in for this After Christmas Special! Originally $100, now $25!! Only a few of these whimsy and wonderfully cute wreaths are left in stock!
Designer Flower Center is known for its ribbons! All Christmas Ribbon 40% off!! Unbelievable quality for unbelievable prices! Yard for yard DFC’s ribbon prices are unbeatable! All the things you’re look for in holiday and everyday ribbon: Great Quality! Great selection of styles and patterns that you can mix and match for a customize and personalize your decorating and wrapping needs! Knowledgeable staff to assist you in your selections! And best price per yard! Get the ribbon that the professionals use!
DFC’s Holiday Clearance is 70% off! Great items that are one of a kind at AMAZINGLY low prices! Shop the clearance section to find some great hidden treasures.
DFC Ornaments are hand-crafted and uniquely one of a kind. You’ll love the little details and charm of each and every one of our specialty ornaments. Get ornaments for your tree, or gifts for next year all at 40% off!
Save $500 on this life-size high back Santa Sleigh in candy red! Quantities are limited, so hurry in before it’s too late to save 50% off on this amazing statement piece! Can be disassembled for easy storage.
See you on the 26th!!
Although we are known for our Christmas decor and inspiration during the holidays, DFC is also a great place to find the perfect gift for someone you love! Are you still looking for the perfect gifts to give? We’ve got a gift idea that everyone will love! Since lanterns are so popular and trendy right now, it’s the perfect gift that will fit just about anyone’s taste and style. It will fit in a variety of home interior styles so you’ll be sure they will love it! We have a variety of styles, and sizes to choose from and don’t forget to pick up a remote controlled, battery operated candle to go inside of it and complete the look!
These lanterns are top quality and beautiful! It’s a simple, quick gift that anyone will be sure to love!
Hurry in for all of your last minute Holiday Decor and Gift needs!
Now that you’ve trimmed the tree, and decorated the banister and mantel with garland it’s time to start thinking about outdoor decorating. We’re not talking about hanging lights and you’re done. No, we’re talking about front door wreaths or swags, ribbon treatments on your outdoor lanterns, even hanging clustered ornaments from your awnings! We’ve included some photographs from some of the homes we’ve decorated this year and in years past to give you some great outdoor decorating inspiration! Since ribbon treatments are a great way to decorate the outside of your home, be sure to shop our ribbon sale–ONE WEEK ONLY!
We are always trying to find new and interesting ways to take holiday decorating to the next level! When it comes to your front door, most people go with a traditional wreath but you could also choose to decorate your front door with a swag or two, if you have double doors! We like to keep the same color scheme going from the moment your guest arrive at the front door and draw it all the way in to your entry way and possibly the living room or even the entire house. Mae has done some beautiful work with front door wreaths and swag, we just couldn’t resist sharing them with all of our customers!
We love ribbon treatment, and we know you do too! So why not embellish your outdoor lanterns with some beautiful ribbon treatments to make the outdoors of your home match the festiveness of the inside! You can pick up some of DFC’s outdoor velvet red ribbon to keep your bows looking very traditional, or you can choose a variety of ribbons to match your indoor color scheme! A great ribbon to use outside that will sparkle from day to night, is our Diamond Lumei Mesh Ribbon! It is one of our top selling ribbons for holiday decorating and your company will see it driving up from the street, it’s that brilliant! Add some pine branches or ornament balls to your ribbon treatments for an even more festive design!Don’t stop there! You can even add clustered ornament balls to the awnings of your front door, balcony or terrace. We’ve even done hanging ornament balls in courtyards and patios! The possibilities are endless, let yourself be inspired and get creative with it! We’ve also done some great outdoor garland treatments for a patio or front door walk up!
Shop Designer Flower Center for unique and specialty items that are hard to find anywhere else!
When it comes to garland treatments, they can be hung just about anywhere and they will make your home look absolutely gorgeous! We have done some fabulous garlands in the past when designing for the holidays, so we thought we’d share some of those designs with you to inspire and delight! We also have some more great tips for designing your own garlands, as well as the do’s and don’ts for hanging your garlands in your home! Plus, Garlands are now on sale until December 14th!
How much ribbon? And how to run ribbon through a garland…
- For a 9 foot garland you will need 10 yards of ribbon.
- Take your ribbon at the 5 yard mark. (You can find the middle by unrolling the spool and folding it in half.)
- Meet the 5 yard mark/middle of the ribbon with the middle point of the length of the garland. Twist the ribbon into the garland using two branches.
- Then, move to one of the very ends of the garland and twist the ribbon into the garland, leaving a tail. Do this at both ends of the garland before tying down the middle parts. You should only have ribbon twisted into the garland in three places at this point: the middle, and two ends. This ensures that you end up running the ribbon throughout the entire garland evenly using all 10 yards.
- Twist in the rest of the ribbon in a pattern: side, middle, other side. It’s sort of a zig zag pattern. This ensures that the ribbon is evenly dispersed and looks beautiful from all angles. So not matter if you are looking at the top or bottom it will give the illusion that the ribbon is running through the entire garland.
Adding Ornaments to a Garland…
There are a few different ways you can go about placing ornaments in your garland…
- If you want the primary focal point of the garland to be the middle, you can place all of your ornaments in the middle portion of the garland, with the ends and/or corners being accents. (For example: The garland in the picture just above.)
- If you would like to have ornaments throughout the entire length of the garland a good way to place your ornaments, as well as plan how many to buy, is to divide your garland into 3 foot sections. Set a pattern for the length of the 3 foot section, and repeat it 3 times. (For example: The garland pictured below.)
- Don’t be afraid to think outside of the box. Expand the overall look of the garland. The picture below draws your eye upward, to the top of the candles, all the way to the lowest hanging ornament. Your eye does not just see a narrow garland running across the mantel, but instead it has expanded into a 6 foot span. When adding candles for height in your design, bring the pine/greenery up as well with the candles and the garland. It really brings the look together, like it is all one piece. (The 3M hooks in this picture were used to hang a wreath, which the candlesticks frame, also tying together and completing the look.)
- Hanging ornaments with fishline and draping beaded garlands from your garland and mantel, really highlight the ornaments instead of the pine. This is a great way to showcase your most prized or delicate ornaments, instead of hiding them in the tree.
- Hanging stockings can be challenging when you have a beautiful garland also hanging on your mantel. A great tip for this is to use 3M hooks to hang the stockings. Attach them to the fireplace and use coordinating ribbons to hang the stockings from the hooks. It will look like the stockings are hanging from the garland but they are really hanging from the mantel. The hooks are removable and you can also use them to securely hang the garland on the mantel.
Hanging Garlands on a Staircase…
Here are a few tips for hanging a beautiful garland on your staircase or railing.
- To figure out how long your garland needs to be, measure the length of the of the railing.
- If you want your garland to run across the top of the railing, you will need the same length as the actual measurement of the railing.
- If you want your garland to dip, you will need 2 to 2.5 times the amount of the actual measurement of the railing.
- For a lit garland, always be sure to plug it in before you hang your garland, to make sure all of the lights are still working properly.
- Also for a lit garland, always double check which end of the garland has the correct end of the cord you will need to plug into the wall. You don’t want to get it up and not be able to plug it in because the correct cord is on the opposite end.
- Bring the ends of the garland all the way down to the floor, this makes it easier to reach the wall outlet in order to plug it in, and it will also hide the outlet and plug.
Designer Flower Center is happy to announce the dates and sale information for our 2013 Christmas Open House! Join us as we kick off the holiday season with a great 2-day sale, as well as the beginning of our Winter Hours! Keep reading for all the details…we look forward to seeing you there! Gather a group of friends for a weekend of great shopping and holiday inspiration!
click picture to enlarge
Designer Flower Center will be at the Fresno Fall Home Improvement Show for the fourth consecutive year! Come out and see us a the show. During the Fall Home Improvement Show, Designer Flower Center will be showcasing at two locations in the Agriculture building. DFC will be a featured vendor in the Holiday Dining Room Venue and will be presenting the Inspirational Make and Take Craft Corner Seminars.
Designer Flower Center will have items available for purchase at both booths, as well as free drawings! Keep reading for all of the details…you won’t want to miss a thing at this year’s Fall Home Improvement Show.
While you’re out at the Fall Home Improvement Show, be sure to head over to the Make and Take Craft Corner for a seminar, or two! Each seminar is only $10! This fee covers all of the product and includes design instruction from our very own, amazingly talented, Mae Sano! Each project is a $40 value of product, and it will be a great way to get a jumpstart on your holiday decorations! Register AT THE HOME SHOW the day of the seminar, and fees are due at time of registration.
Click the picture to enlarge.
Holiday Dining Room Venue
Designer Flower Center’s Holiday Dining Room Theme “Holiday Gatherings” brings together the best of new and old (vintage). Here in the San Joaquin Valley, families also resemble this theme: welcoming new loved ones into the family and treasuring memories and time spent with our parents and grandparents. “Holiday Gatherings” reflects the warmth, relaxed feel, and appreciation of family gatherings.
Designer Flower Center will showcase at the Holiday Dining Room Venue beautiful faux magnolia and eucalyptus greens, lovely red berries, and potted amaryllis flowers that look of fresh-cut botanicals, mixed with nature’s bounty of sugar pine cones, and preserved boxwood topiaries. Large wood lanterns, bird nests and vintage wire baskets are lovely accents and creates the feeling that each and every item has been carefully chosen and collected over time.
“Holiday Gatherings” is about mixing and gathering old and new, faux and real, textured and smooth. Combining these items in various ways will create a personal statement all your own.
Here at Designer Flower Center we could not be any happier that the Fall season is among us! The weather is changing, football season has started, and all of our favorite fall product are back in stock! This season creams are taking the center stage! Who would have thought that creams would go so well with fall? We absolutely love it, this lovely color palette adds a great sense of class to the normal fall colors.
All product here available at Designer Flower Center, and
don’t forget we have gone back to our normal store hours 9:00am-5:00 pm
A couple of weeks ago, Lisa and Dean returned from their buying trip in Atlanta with tons of inspiration, excited to get started on planning our seasonal showroom layout! We got right to work and completely transformed the showroom! If you have not been in for a couple of week, you will definitely notice all the great changes we have made. We moved and switched displays, creating new areas that are sure to inspire you! Just take a look at some of these pictures featuring our finished product…but to really experience the big transformation, you must come in for the full effect!!Everyone was working hard…we moved most of the showroom around all in ONE DAY! The team did such a great job!!!
A lot of our customers have really loved this particular change…some of them had not even noticed our gorgeous furniture pieces the way they were displayed before. Now it is right in the middle of our showroom, it’s open and really visible…a great focal point of our store!
This kitchen display is a personal favorite…who wouldn’t love to have a cozy dinning area just like this one?!
Fall and Halloween are around the corner…already??!! It sure is, here at DFC! We’ve unpacked, unwrapped, and opened last year’s and brand new Fall and Halloween foliage, pumpkins, witches, and more! It’s fun, festive, and the the right touch of inspiration and creativity to get you ready for the big transition into the holiday season!
LIKE us on Facebook for regular updates
Check back here for updated blog posts